Our Junior Church kids love making things. So, as none of us can get out much for a while, we are sending them crafts to do at home. We love it when the children then send in photos of what they have made. Enjoy making!
Hot air balloon craft
1. Cut out five balloon shaped templates-two with the verse on and three plain.
2. Colour in / decorate one side of the cutouts
3. Fold cutout’s in half lengthways (along the line of symmetry) so the coloured inside is in the fold.
4. Glue (Pritstick should do) one folded half of one cutout(the outside of the fold), and stick it to the next half folded cutout. Repeat until you have a stack of five half balloons.
5. Stick the top of the stack of half balloons to the bottom half ballon after running your string down the centre spine of the stack of balloons. Leave to dry and then arrange into a 3D balloon shape.
6. Cut out the basket template,fold along the fold lines and glue the tabs.
7. Attach you basket to string dangling from the balloon with blue tack,chewing gum, or any other sticky thing you find lying around.
As with all previous airborne crafts, we cannot take responsibility for any accidents that may occur during flight. Please ensure you have all necessary licences before attempting to fly your hot air balloon.