This week, as we tie in with the Memory Verse “P”, Jenny has sent you a bookmark to print off and make. When done, why not put it into whatever book you are reading at the minute, to remind you every day about who Jesus really is.
Pastor Stuart teaches the children of Junior Church all the actions for the memory verses from letter A-O.
“O taste and see that the Lord is good.” Psalm 34:8
Instructions for making popcorn
(to be supervised by an adult)
1. Get a big pan with a tight fitting lid. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. Put the pan on the cooker and heat the oil until very hot (just before smokey)
3. Add popcorn kernels, put lid on and shake the pan.
4. Return to the heat, giving the pan a little shake every 30 seconds or so.
5. The kernels will start to pop (be patient). Once they start popping keep the lid on and keep shaking every 30 seconds, returning to the heat until the popping has slowed to a stop.
6. Remove the pan from the heat, add the popcorn to a bowl, sprinkle with sugar, salt, or melt a little butter and sugar together to drizzle over the popcorn.
Hot air balloon craft
1. Cut out five balloon shaped templates-two with the verse on and three plain.
2. Colour in / decorate one side of the cutouts
3. Fold cutout’s in half lengthways (along the line of symmetry) so the coloured inside is in the fold.
4. Glue (Pritstick should do) one folded half of one cutout(the outside of the fold), and stick it to the next half folded cutout. Repeat until you have a stack of five half balloons.
5. Stick the top of the stack of half balloons to the bottom half ballon after running your string down the centre spine of the stack of balloons. Leave to dry and then arrange into a 3D balloon shape.
6. Cut out the basket template,fold along the fold lines and glue the tabs.
7. Attach you basket to string dangling from the balloon with blue tack,chewing gum, or any other sticky thing you find lying around.
As with all previous airborne crafts, we cannot take responsibility for any accidents that may occur during flight. Please ensure you have all necessary licences before attempting to fly your hot air balloon.
Cut out your loaf of bread, the cross, and the banner with this week’s verse on. Colour it all in, give your loaf of bread a happy face, then stick on the cross and banner. Next time you have toast or a lovely sandwich, hopefully you will be reminded of this wonderful verse.
Click on the Loaf of Bread below to print off your own copy. Then go get baking!
The kids of Junior Church are still working away, learning their memory verses. Today, Pastor Stuart teaches them all the verses so far, from A-K