Our Junior Church kids love making things. So, as none of us can get out much for a while, we are sending them crafts to do at home. We love it when the children then send in photos of what they have made. Enjoy making!
This week, we are asking you to make a Chinese Lantern. Once you have it made, you can decorate and make it unique to you. Remember to send us photos of your final version!
Chinese Lantern Instructions
1. Take an A4 piece of paper or larger rectangle
2. Measure a line 1 inch (3cms) on the short side of the paper. Cut along the line – this will form the handle
3. Fold the large rectangle into half length ways
4. Measure a line 1 inch from the open side of the fold
5. From the folded side measure lines 1 inch apart and cut along these lines upto the line made in point 4
6. Unfold the paper and and decorate – you could add coloured borders along the top and bottom add shiny things, colour some areas in
7. Add the memory verse to the piece of paper for the handle
8. Fold the decorated rectangle round to form a cylinder and staple, then staple the handle to the top of the cylinder