Our Junior Church kids love making things. So, as none of us can get out much for a while, we are sending them crafts to do at home. We love it when the children then send in photos of what they have made. Enjoy making!
“O taste and see that the Lord is good.” Psalm 34:8
Instructions for making popcorn
(to be supervised by an adult)
1. Get a big pan with a tight fitting lid. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. Put the pan on the cooker and heat the oil until very hot (just before smokey)
3. Add popcorn kernels, put lid on and shake the pan.
4. Return to the heat, giving the pan a little shake every 30 seconds or so.
5. The kernels will start to pop (be patient). Once they start popping keep the lid on and keep shaking every 30 seconds, returning to the heat until the popping has slowed to a stop.
6. Remove the pan from the heat, add the popcorn to a bowl, sprinkle with sugar, salt, or melt a little butter and sugar together to drizzle over the popcorn.