Here is our next memory verse, starting with the letter ”S”. Why not print it off, then learn it while you are colouring it in. Show your work to someone at home, and tell them the verse you have learnt. You could even send us a video of you saying it while holding your picture!…
“Seek the Lord while He may be found”. Its all about looking and seeing, isn’t it? So this weeks craft is you making your very own spectacular spectacles!
- Carefully cut out the glasses template, an adult may have to help you cutting out the eyehole bit. Cut out the glasses arms templates.
- On the glasses template make a fold at each side along the dashed lines.
- Cut the lenses to size and glue them in place round the inside of the glasses frame. See if you can write the memory verse of the arms of the glasses – Seek the Lord while he may be found. Isaiah 55v6.
- Glue the arms in place.
- Put them on a be cool!
We hope using this windmill will remind you of this week’s verse: “Remember your creator in the days of your youth”. Here are the instructions and some pictures to help. Enjoy!
1. Carefully cut out the three templates – 2x blades and 1x circle. Best to add any decoration at this stage, and of course the memory verse for this week – Remember your creator in the days of your youth. Ecclesiastes 12v1 , but keep the decoration away from the centre of the templates.
2. Take the two blade templates. Position them so that the blades of the first template are nested between those of the second one. Glue the template pieces together at the centre.
3. Glue the first tip of a blade into the centre of the wheel. Without creasing the paper, bring one of the six tips towards the centre and glue it in place.
4. Then work your way round gluing each of the other tips into the centre and than glue your circle on top of them, in the centre.
5. Put a drawing pin through the centre, a feed a bead on to the back and stick it into pencil which has an eraser on the end.
Pastor Stuart teaches the children of Junior Church all the actions for the memory verses from letter A-O.
“O taste and see that the Lord is good.” Psalm 34:8
Instructions for making popcorn
(to be supervised by an adult)
1. Get a big pan with a tight fitting lid. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. Put the pan on the cooker and heat the oil until very hot (just before smokey)
3. Add popcorn kernels, put lid on and shake the pan.
4. Return to the heat, giving the pan a little shake every 30 seconds or so.
5. The kernels will start to pop (be patient). Once they start popping keep the lid on and keep shaking every 30 seconds, returning to the heat until the popping has slowed to a stop.
6. Remove the pan from the heat, add the popcorn to a bowl, sprinkle with sugar, salt, or melt a little butter and sugar together to drizzle over the popcorn.